Annie duPont Formal Garden (1901-1985)

Research & Collections

Archaeological investigations, along with photos of taken during the early 20th century, have revealed that the present-brick wall was constructed in the 1920s by the duPonts.  Prior to the wall construction, the duPonts rebuild the existing picket fence and completely remade the garden from a kitchen garden to an Edwardian-style garden complete with statuaries, ornamental plantings, and walks.

Photograph of formal garden taken in 1910s just prior to brick wall being constructed.